Once you have arrived to your host country and become settled into your housing situation, be sure to go out and explore the area.
- Get a map and familiarize yourself with your surroundings
- Head out the door and walk around for a while
- Before your first day of class, do a trial run to your school. Find the best route to get there and determine how long it takes, so you will not be late for your first day of classes.
- During the first week at your new host country you should withdrawal some cash from a bank to make sure you have access to your funds.
- Find a local grocery store, a pharmacy, and a location where you have access to a computer and the internet
- Locate the hospital, in case of emergency.
- Along the way you will find shopping centers, bars, restaurants, city centers, parks, museums, cafés and many other destinations which will soon become your favorite hangouts!