Many of you will be able to legally purchase and consume alcoholic beverages in the countries you are visiting. Consider:
- If you choose to drink, do so responsibly.
- Do not put yourself into a situation that makes you vulnerable to theft and crime.
- Alcohol consumption is very unhealthy for your body.
- Being drunk in public can lead to problems with authorities and locals.
- You will also look like an American idiot.
You are representing Eastern Connecticut State University abroad. Law violations and arrests during your time abroad will jeopardize your academic standing with ECSU and can result in expulsion from the University. In addition, ECSU’s International Exchange Student Program could be put in jeopardy and terminated based on a student’s actions while studying abroad.